Saturday, September 20, 2008

A little bit about me

Hi, My name is Samuel and I am the captain of this blog (check out my personal blog at lightampnews.blogspot.com).  "Allow me to introduce myself..."  I am a Chinese-American, born in Taiwan but spent most of my years in the US (and yes, I am a US citizen).  I graduated from Stanford University in 2002 with degrees in both Urban Studies (Community Organizing focus) and Sociology, so I have had pretty specific education that pertains to politics and the social issues that we face today.

I am also a speaker, writer, prayer leader, and worship musician on guitar and violin (myspace.com/samliumusic).  I've lived both on the West Coast of the US, and in the South, in the Carolinas.  I have traveled close to 40 states and I am currently living in the Seattle area of Washington State.  I have also visited 10+ countries, including China, Japan, Australia, Guatemala, Russia, Great Britain, Iceland, the Philippines, not to mention Canada and Mexico, so I have been blessed to experience various cultures and gain a global perspective in my life.

I have been to both areas of tremendous wealth and areas of tremendous poverty (working with street kids in St. Petersburg, Russia, and ministering to mountain villagers in the Philippines).  The solutions to the problems we face globally are ultimately not found in politics or in any political/ideological system, but in Jesus Christ, as the root of all social issues are spiritual, and the church is God's agent to bring about the changes necessary for all human beings.  Let His kingdom come, let His will be done, on earth as it is in heaven!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: